Choose your study style
All of our courses are available via online learning. We also offer virtual and workshop programs for some courses.
Designed By Industry
Our team regularly meets with key organisations and perform extensive consultations to determine the skills and knowledge they are looking for in their current and future employees.
Informed Experienced Trainers
Our trainers work in the industry so you can be assured all our programs are designed and taught by those that know all the key skills and knowledge you will need to succeed.
FNS51820 Diploma of Financial Services
Specialising in complex issues in commercial lending
The successful rollout of the Certificate IV has led to an overwhelming demand for a Diploma level qualification that looks at the complex issues brokers face in commercial finance.
FAST has been a beacon of encouragement and determination in ensuring this Diploma was developed by ISM so brokers can now easily access the knowledge and tools they need to start settling complex commercial loans.
In close consultation with FAST and CAFBA, the Institute of Strategic Management has developed this qualification to provide brokers with a range of skills to meet the needs of their commercial clients.
Participants will develop practical skills to identify commercial finance opportunities and will be provided with physical tools and checklists to support business growth.
About the course
This qualification is aimed at developing important competencies that you will find valuable in your role as a broker looking to grow a business in the commercial and equipment finance sector.
A professional approach to providing credit assessment and assisting the customer in applying and securing commercial and equipment finance requires a sound understanding of the range of products and sources of finance that come under this category of lending. It also requires a sound understanding of credit acceptance principles and the application processes of your financial institution. These principles include a careful sequence of collecting information, methodical steps in conducting the analysis and a detailed review of critical areas that need to be examined to ensure the finance application is approved.
Above all, the professional finance consultant should have a high level of expertise in supporting the customer in selecting the appropriate type of financial product as well as ensuring the application to funding process is well managed and becomes a satisfying experience for your customer.
What will I learn?
- Learning a professional approach to providing credit assessment and assisting a client in applying and securing commercial and equipment finance.
- A sound understanding of the range of products and sources of finance that come under commercial and equipment finance.
- Understanding of credit acceptance principles and the application processes of financial institutions for commercial and equipment finance.
- Learning key principles including a careful sequence of collecting information, methodical steps in conducting the analysis and a detailed review of critical areas that need to be examined to ensure the finance application is approved.
- Gaining expertise in supporting the customer in selecting the appropriate type of financial product as well as ensuring the application to funding process is well managed and becomes a satisfying experience for your customer.
- Developing practical skills to identify commercial finance opportunities.
- Access to specifically developed, advanced physical tools and checklists to support business growth.
- Identifying situations that require complex ethical decision-making and applying ethical frameworks and principles while working with commercial and equipment finance.
Is this course for me?
For the those new to the sector or those who come with some experience, this program will help you develop more skills in unique ways to present financial product solutions to your customers and to also adopt more of a partnership approach when consulting with your customer about best options to address business finance needs.
For finance professionals, a wide range of commercial lending and equipment finance products can provide more opportunity to provide service to customers. Industry research suggests that when you provide additional products to your customer, the customer becomes more loyal and will often recommend the services of the finance professional to other contacts. Also, the opportunity to open up more income-earning products can add a lot of value to the consultant business.
This qualification is the perfect match for a range of finance professionals who are looking to build and enhance their skills in commercial and asset finance.
- Established mortgage brokers that are looking to expand into the commercial and equipment finance sector
- Experienced mortgage brokers or financial specialists that are looking to refresh their skill set and update their knowledge to meet industry and policy changes.
- Lending and credit specialists currently working in the industry
- Business Development managers looking to strengthen their current knowledge and skills.
NOTE: This qualification has been designed to meet the needs of those people who need to comply with ASIC Regulatory Guide 206 Credit Licensing: Competence and training.
How is the course presented?
There are 10 units of competency in this Program that are incorporated into 6 modules (as below) , specifically designed to provide you with important competencies that will be valuable in your role as a commercial and equipment finance specialist.
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2- Structuring the Credit Application
- Module 3 - Assessing the Credit Application
- Module 4 - Premium Client Relationships
- Module 5 - Ethics in Financial Services
- Mobile 6 - Grow the Practice
Who is it for?
This qualification is relevant to finance professionals who may work in commercial and asset finance. It is recommended that learners have basic knowledge of commercial and asset finance.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course however, it is strongly encouraged that learners have a minimum Certificate IV in a financial services qualification. ISM will need to be provided with a transcript as evidence of this prior learning.
If you do not have any prior learning in financial services and still wish to complete this Diploma please contact ISM and we will arrange for you to complete the appropriate units that would be suitable for you. This would come at an additional cost.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to complete.
For details about our workshops and virtual sessions, please click 'view all course options' at the top of this page.
Enrol Now for Online Learning
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Please note fees are charged per annum and are GST exempt. Please see HERE for information on further fees that may be applicable.
To achieve FNS51820 Diploma of Financial Services, the participant will need to complete 10 units of competency as below:
- 3 core units
- 7 elective units
FNSINC411 – Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
FNSINC503 – Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision making
FNSRSK411 – Apply risk management strategies to own work
FNSINC412 – Apply and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
FNSSAM613 – Tailor financial products to meet client needs
FNSCUS513 – Review business performance
FNSORG508 – Analyse and comment on management reports
FNSINC504 – Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
FNSPRM613 – Grow financial practices
FNSORG501 Develop and manage a budget
- Study anywhere, anytime
- User-friendly learning management system
- Course content and assessments are all online and available 24/7
- Accreditation ensures that our courses meet established industry needs
- Assessment are marked within 10 business days
- No classroom attendance, no travel expenses
- Trainer and administration support throughout
- Designated course coordinator with regular contact to help you keep motivated and on track
- Certificates are issued within 21 days of course completion
- No hidden fees
Once you enrol through the online link above, please be advised that your enrolment will be processed by ISM within 1 business day.
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in both online and workshop formats.
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal, which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
These assessments vary depending on the unit within the qualification and can include the following:
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer
- Observation by a trainer
- Supervisor checklists
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
All materials are online and can be accessed via the ISM e-learning portal.
Our system works best with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find out more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.