Choose your study style
All of our courses are available via online learning. We also offer virtual and workshop programs for some courses.
Designed By Industry
Our team regularly meets with key organisations and perform extensive consultations to determine the skills and knowledge they are looking for in their current and future employees.
Informed Experienced Trainers
Our trainers work in the industry so you can be assured all our programs are designed and taught by those that know all the key skills and knowledge you will need to succeed.
FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services
The Diploma of Payroll Services is a nationally recognised qualification under the government’s Financial Services Training Package. The Diploma finally recognises payroll services as a professional career.
The Diploma is a great opportunity for current payroll providers to formalise current skills and knowledge and gain the recognition they deserve. The Diploma is also beneficial for business owners, managers and admin personnel aiming to master the complexities of payroll, such as the essential accounting, procedural and legislative requirements necessary to perform and manage payroll effectively.
Payroll is an important function requiring specialised skills and knowledge that can be gained through our NEW nationally recognised qualification.
About the course
This qualification reflects the job roles of workers who perform payroll administration and payroll management tasks in a variety of industries. It includes establishing payroll systems and using them to perform sometimes complex tasks, including preparing salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances, processing superannuation payments, and processing employee terminations. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources, including relevant legislation and taxation systems. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines
What will I Learn?
- Cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources
- Cognitive, technical and communication skills to analyse, plan, design and evaluate approaches to unpredictable problems and/or management requirements
- Specialist technical and creative skills to express ideas and perspectives
- Communication skills to transfer knowledge and specialised skills to others and demonstrate understanding of knowledge.
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
There are no specified entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Financial Services Training Package.
Noting this, ISM does require persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over at the time of enrolment
- Have access to internet, office equipment, technology, software and consumables, integrated financial software systems, legislation and industry material
- Participate in an initial interview to evaluate language, literacy and numeracy skills and determine suitability for the course.
- Complete the Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Complete the Pre-course Evaluation Form (where required)
- Complete the Induction Program.
- Possess suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording industry routines, maintaining computerised systems, providing written feedback to stakeholders, recording transactions and financial information, interpreting workplace policy and procedure, reporting hazards, and complying with legislation.
How is this course delivered?
You can complete this course online.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 12 months to complete.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact Us form to the right or you can contact our friendly Admin Team on 02966 07221.
Enrol Now for Online Learning
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Please note fees are charged per annum and are GST exempt. Please see HERE for information on further fees that may be applicable.
There are 11 units of competency in this Program, 8 core units plus 3 elective units. These will be studied individually, as listed below.
To achieve FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services, the participant will need to complete 11 units of competency as below:
- 8 core units
- 3 elective units
BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSPAY501 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
FNSPAY502 Process superannuation payments in payroll
FNSPAY503 Process complex employee terminations in payroll
FNSPAY504 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
FNSPAY505 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
Stream A – Elective Units (3)
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
Stream B – Elective Units (3)
BSBHRM507 Manage separation or termination
BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development or termination
** Units Of Competency electives may change from the above detail listed in this course based on different cohorts and customised programs for clients.
Once you enrol through the online link above, please be advised that your enrolment will be processed by ISM within 1 business day.
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in both online and workshop formats.
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
For each qualification, there are a range of assessments for each qualification. These assessments vary depending on the qualification and can include the following;
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer.
- Observation by a trainer.
- Supervisor Checklists.
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
Our system works best of the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smart phone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find our more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.