Choose your study style
All of our courses are available via online learning. We also offer virtual and workshop programs for some courses.
Designed By Industry
Our team regularly meets with key organisations and perform extensive consultations to determine the skills and knowledge they are looking for in their current and future employees.
Informed Experienced Trainers
Our trainers work in the industry so you can be assured all our programs are designed and taught by those that know all the key skills and knowledge you will need to succeed.
FNS50222 Diploma Of Accounting
The Diploma of Accounting is a nationally recognised qualification designed for individuals looking to work in professional accounting roles in financial services and other industries, including tax agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries
The Diploma of Accounting is also the entry-level qualification necessary to apply to register as a tax agent through Item 203 as outlined in the TASR. Persons seeking registration with the TPB should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
On successful completion of this program, students will have gained valuable skills and knowledge to apply to a multitude of roles and industries as well as establish a pathway to higher education.
About the course
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries, including tax agents, accounts payable and accounts receivable officers, payroll service providers, and employees performing a range of accounting tasks for organisations in a range of industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and provide guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. This qualification includes units that comprise an approved Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) course in Australian taxation law and commercial law, which are relevant for registration as a tax agent. Persons seeking registration with the TPB should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
Career and Pathways
On successful completion of this course, students will have gained valuable skills and knowledge to apply to a multitude of
roles and industries as well as establish a pathway to higher education. This qualification will provide you with a vast array
of employment opportunities within the financial sector, including but not limited to the list below and provides opportunities
for registration as a Tax or BAS agent with the Tax Practitioners Board:
- Accountant (General)
- Assistant Accountant
- Accounts Manager
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable officer
- Budget Controller
- Executive Officer in Accounting
- Supervisor of Accounts Department
- Payroll service provider.
What will I Learn?
- Cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources
- Cognitive, technical and communication skills to analyse, plan, design and evaluate approaches to unpredictable problems and/or management requirements
- Specialist technical and creative skills to express ideas and perspectives
- Communication skills to transfer knowledge and specialised skills to others and demonstrate understanding of knowledge.
To be eligible to enrol in the Diploma of Accounting, candidates must demonstrate they have met the course entry requirements below. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact us here. Completion of the following units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 Accounting;
Principles Skill Set:
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems; OR
- Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent; OR
- Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
In addition we require you to;
- Be aged 18 years or over at the time of enrolment
- Have access to internet, office equipment, technology, software and consumables, integrated financial software systems, legislation and industry material
- Participate in an initial interview to evaluate language, literacy and numeracy skills and determine suitability for the course.
- Complete the Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Complete the Pre-course Evaluation Form (where required)
- Complete the Induction Program.
- Possess suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording industry routines, maintaining computerised systems, providing written feedback to stakeholders, recording transactions and financial information, interpreting workplace policy and procedure, reporting hazards, and complying with legislation.
How is this course delivered?
You can complete this course online.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 12 months to complete.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact Us form to the right or you can contact our friendly Admin Team on 1300 200 705
Enrol Now for Online Learning – Stream A
Enrol Now for Online Learning – Stream B
Download our Diploma of Accounting Learner Handbook
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Please note fees are charged per annum and are GST exempt. Please see HERE for information on further fees that may be applicable.
There are 11 units of competency in this Program, 7 core units plus 4 elective units. These will be studied individually, as listed below.
To achieve FNS50222 Diploma of Accounting, the participant will need to complete 11 units of competency as below:
- 7 core units
- 4 elective units
The units included have been selected based on feedback from the industry and their applicability to the TPB registration requirements:
Core Units (7)
- BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC521 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC522 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC523 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC524 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC526 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC527 Provide management accounting information
Stream A – Elective Units (4)
- FNSACC505 Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBHRM526 Manage payroll
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
Stream B – Elective Units (4)
- FNSPAY511 Process salary packaging arrangements and additional allowances in payroll
- FNSPAY512 Process superannuation payments in payroll
- FNSPAY514 Interpret and apply knowledge of industrial regulations relevant to payroll
- FNSPAY515 Interpret and apply knowledge of taxation systems relevant to payroll
Note: The elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid industry-supported vocational outcome. Electives can be modified; discuss options with your Assessor.
** Units Of Competency electives may change from the above detail listed in this course based on different cohorts and customised programs for clients.
- Study anywhere, anytime
- User-friendly learning management system
- Course content and assessments are all online and available 24/7
- Accreditation ensures that our courses meet established industry needs
- Assessment are marked within 10 business days
- No classroom attendance, no travel expenses
- Trainer and administration support throughout
- Designated course coordinator with regular contact to help you keep motivated and on track
- Certificates are issued within 21 days of course completion
- No hidden fees
Once you enrol through the online link above, please be advised that your enrolment will be processed by ISM within 1 business day.
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in both online and workshop formats.
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal, which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
These assessments vary depending on the unit within the qualification and can include the following:
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer
- Observation by a trainer
- Supervisor checklists
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
All materials are online and can be accessed via the ISM e-learning portal.
Our system works best with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find out more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.