Choose your study style
All of our courses are available via online learning. We also offer virtual and workshop programs. Find out more here.
Designed By Industry
Our team regularly meet with key organisations to perform extensive consultations to determine the skills and knowledge they are looking for in their future employees.
Informed Experienced Trainers
Our trainers work in the industry so you can be assured all our programs are designed and taught by those that know all the key skills and knowledge you will need to succeed.
FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services – FAST
FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services
Specialising in Commercial and Asset Finance.
We are pleased to present our newest program, tailored for today's finance professionals, focusing on the practical aspects of equipment and commercial finance.
Working closely with CAFBA, the Institute of Strategic Management have developed The Commercial and Asset Finance Program. This program is ideally suited for people seeking to work as finance professionals, specialising in the commercial and asset finance space.
About the course
This course gives you an excellent understanding of key issues and product information in the commercial and asset finance industry, therefore enabling you to offer sound guidance to clients. It includes all the essential skills such as product knowledge, legal aspects and documentation required to implement a commercial or asset-based loan. Our program caters for learners who are brand new to the industry as well as those who are experienced finance professionals.
What will I Learn?
- The key features and benefits of products that help the client achieve their capital and investment goals.
- The skills required to educate and inform your clients to meet their needs.
- The tools used by the credit underwriter.
- How to analyse the statement of Financial Performance and Financial Position.
- How to build a customer relationship program.
- How to develop relationships with key strategic partners.
How is the course presented?
There are 13 units of competency in this Program that are incorporated into 4 modules (as below) , specifically designed to provide you with important competencies that will be valuable in your role as a commercial and equipment finance specialist.
If you choose to attend the workshops, you will go through one module per day (with additional online learning).
- Examine the history of the commercial and asset finance markets as well as the development of the products associated with these.
- Examine the major categories of when and where equipment and commercial finance products are best applied.
- Learn the steps that the finance provider will go through in order to assess your client’s credit application.
- Analyse Statements of Financial Performance (or Profit & Loss) and Statements of Financial Position (Balance Sheet).
Who is it for?
This qualification is relevant to finance professionals who may work in a variety of workplace which offers the following:
- Fleet Leasing
- Land Finance
- Equipment Finance
- Motor Finance
- Fleet Leasing
- Consumer Finance
Learners should hold a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking or higher.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to complete.
Enrol Now for Online Learning
View all course options
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
* If you currently hold a FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking or FNS40811 Certificate IV in Mortgage Broking, please upload a certified copy with your enrolment for our academic team to review for possible exemptions (reduced price may apply).
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
To achieve FNS41820 Certificate IV in Financial Services, the participant will need to complete 13 units of competency as below:
- 1 core unit
- 12 elective units
Core units and electives
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSFMK505 Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
FNSORG401 Conduct individual work within a compliance framework
FNSINC402 Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
FNSSAM401 Sell financial products and services
BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
FNSCRD401 Assess credit applications
FNSCRD402 Establish and maintain appropriate security
FNSCRD301 Process applications for credit
FNSPIM410 Collect, assess and use information
FNSORG501 Develop and manage a budget
BSBREL402 Build client relationships and business networks
Once you enrol through the online link above, please be advised that your enrolment will be processed by ISM within 1 business day.
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in both online and workshop formats.
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
For each qualification, there are a range of assessments for each qualification. These assessments vary depending on the qualification and can include the following;
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer.
- Observation by a trainer.
- Supervisor Checklists.
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
Our system works best of the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smart phone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find our more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.