Choose your study style
All of our courses are available via online learning. We also offer virtual and workshop programs for some courses.
Designed By Industry
Our team regularly meets with key organisations and perform extensive consultations to determine the skills and knowledge they are looking for in their current and future employees.
Informed Experienced Trainers
Our trainers work in the industry so you can be assured all our programs are designed and taught by those that know all the key skills and knowledge you will need to succeed.
FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is for workers in the accounting industry. These may include BAS Agents, contract bookkeepers, employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries and those who need to prepare and lodge business and instalment activity statements, and provide advice or deal with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements.
This qualification is aimed at those people who would like a career in the accounting or bookkeeping industry.
About the course
This qualification reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry. These may include:
- BAS Agents
- contract bookkeepers
- employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries
- those who need to prepare and lodge business and instalment activity statements, and provide advice or deal with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements.
Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
What will I Learn?
Prepare financial reports
Introduce cloud computing into business operations
Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
Establish and maintain payroll systems
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service for a fee or other reward must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
There are no specified entry requirements for this qualification specified within the Financial Services Training Package.
Noting this, ISM does require persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over at the time of enrolment
- Have access to internet, office equipment, technology, software and consumables, integrated financial software systems, legislation and industry material
- Participate in an initial interview to evaluate language, literacy and numeracy skills and determine suitability for the course.
- Complete the Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Assessment
- Complete the Pre-course Evaluation Form (where required)
- Complete the Induction Program.
- Possess suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording industry routines, maintaining computerised systems, providing written feedback to stakeholders, recording transactions and financial information, interpreting workplace policy and procedure, reporting hazards, and complying with legislation.
How is this course delivered?
You can complete this course online.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to complete.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact Us form to the left or you can contact our friendly Admin Team on 02966 07221.
Enrol Now for Online Learning
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Please note fees are charged per annum and are GST exempt. Please see HERE for information on further fees that may be applicable.
There are 13 units of competency in this Program, 8 core units plus 5 elective units. These will be studied individually, as listed below.
To achieve FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, the participant will need to complete 13 units of competency as below:
- 8 core units
- 5 elective units
All core units are compulsory.
FNSACC408 – Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
BSBSMB412 – Introduce cloud computing into business operations
FNSACC311 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC312 – Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC416 – Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
FNSTPB401 – Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSTPB402 – Establish and maintain payroll systems
BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
BSBSMB402 – Plan small business finances
FNSACC413 – Make decisions in a legal context
BSBFIM502 – Manage payroll
BSBHRM507 – Manage separation or termination
** Units Of Competency electives may change from the above detail listed in this course based on different cohorts and customised programs for clients.
- Study anywhere, anytime
- User-friendly learning management system
- Course content and assessments are all online and available 24/7
- Accreditation ensures that our courses meet established industry needs
- Assessment are marked within 10 business days
- No classroom attendance, no travel expenses
- Trainer and administration support throughout
- Designated course coordinator with regular contact to help you keep motivated and on track
- Certificates are issued within 21 days of course completion
- No hidden fees
Once you enrol through the online link above, please be advised that your enrolment will be processed by ISM within 1 business day.
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in both online and workshop formats.
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal, which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
These assessments vary depending on the unit within the qualification and can include the following:
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer
- Observation by a trainer
- Supervisor checklists
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
All materials are online and can be accessed via the ISM e-learning portal.
Our system works best with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find out more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.