In this course you will focus on the following areas:
- Strategically planning and implementing an organisational strategy
- Assessing and implementing leadership styles and planning
- Promoting and managing continuous improvement and learning
- Assisting in the development of business plans and business operations
- Participating in financial management, from the preparation and analysis of responsible budgetary plans and decision making, to the development of capital investment proposals.
The program is completed online for $2,910.00 (annual fee) or through workshops for $4,995.00*
*Workshop – subject to availability and minimum numbers.
** RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Fees & Enrolment Process
Who is it for?
This course is particularly appropriate for those currently in or wishing to move to senior management roles.
There is no entry requirements for this course. Having experience in a management role will help in giving you the best success for this course.
How is the course delivered?
You can complete this course online or in a workshop environment. Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 1 year to 2 year to complete depending on your program.
To achieve BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Management, the participant will need to complete 12 units of competency as below:
- 4 core units, plus
- 8 elective units.
Core units and electives
Please click on the drop downs below to view description on each unit within this course.
All core units are compulsory
|CODE||Unit Name||What will you Learn?|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||
|BSBMGT605||Provide Leadership across the organisation||
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan||
Elective units have been specifically chosen to meet generic financial planning competencies (5 elective units in total required.)
|CODE||Unit Name||What will you Learn?|
|BSBDIV601||Develop and implement diversity policy||
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovations and continuous improvement||
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement a strategic plan||
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan||
|BSBHRM602||Manage human resources strategic planning||
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development||
|BSBMGT619||Identify and implement business innovation||
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal. There are a range of assessments which include written task, projects and/or case studies.
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access Learning Materials and Assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal. Our system works best of the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
- Minimum of a relevant Certificate IV qualification (or higher)
- Employer/Industry endorsed
- Existing worker
Get started with enrolment
Keen to get started? Here’s the process:
- Complete pre-enrolment questionnaire
- You will receive an email from ISM with link to official enrolment link
- Upon enrolment you will receive a Welcome email from us, with all the details of the program
- The Advanced Dip of Leadership at ISM intentionally leverages the leadership talent from within the COBA and Mortgage Broker verticals which ensures that participants are provided with industry insights coupled with educational material which is strongly aligned to the trainees role. The program is delivered over the course of several months, affording students the ability to implement and apply their new skills on the job for maximum affect.Siobhan Hayden, industry expertGuest Presenter
- Thank you Antoine! What a luxury to have the opportunity to spend the day listening to and speaking with a professional with such practical and academic experience/background.Haley BellamySenior Mortgage Advisor
- Joining the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management has been a life changing decision. I have found the course and most notably Gerard and all of the speakers to be inspiring and educational. They say you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time around and during the workshop weeks at ISM I feel this theory working its magic for those few days a quarter. I feel inspired & excited to have the framework and space to discuss ideas and learn from academics, successful business people and CEO’s as well as my peers. The skills I have developed through the course are already allowing me to create greater outcomes for my career, for my team and our clients.Haley Bellamy, Support and Broker Training coordinatorSmartmove
- Ideal venue and location. This has been a very "hands-on", interesting and effective course for my workplace and professional development. Course material and the workshops have introduced new ideas and different ways of thinking. Colin was excellent in presentation- charismatic and engaging. Clearly knew his stuff. Enjoyed all the different activities. ISM and Gerard in particular are extremely respectful and understanding of all our backgrounds and needs. He truly seems to care for all the students, understand us and our needs and assist with developing us. 5 Stars.Serena SullivanSouth West Slopes Credit Union
- The Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management program that I completed with ISM assisted me enormously in developing my Leadership capabilities. The program covered in detail all facets required for running a complex, ambiguous business with an emphasis on the Mortgage Industry, so it was completely relevant for my role. The key take outs that the program covered which continues to assist in my leadership journey include;
Rob RyanHead of NSW/ACT & QLD FAST
- Understanding discounted cash flows and the various models to that can be used to value a business. Also covered was understanding Net Present Value analysis, which I have applied many times when discussing compensation claims with lenders in my current role as leading an aggregation business. I have also used ISM’s valuation modelling with brokers looking to either sell or buy facets of their business.
- The program covered Leadership fundamentals and understanding my own style, strengths and weaknesses, has assisted me to build upon my own capabilities. I am still using this aspect of the course as I grow as an enterprise leader.
As a novice manager in the Mutual industry, I found the Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management to have been extremely timely and beneficial to my professional development.
It provided me with not only a qualification, but acted as a mentor to me as I navigated my new role and other facets of the business.
I was able to directly apply skills learned in each session immediately in the workplace, which not only assisted me personally but also my team and other departments.
Being able to collaborate with industry peers and learn face to face was one of the key drawcards for me, and I enjoyed the challenge of the coursework.
Each workshop presenter provided relevant content and insight into their own area of expertise, which was both engaging and inspiring.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to enhance their critical thinking skills and professional growth.Leah NygrynLending Manager, Endeavour Mutual Bank