Choose your study style
Designed By Industry
Informed Experienced Trainers
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
The BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work as a team leader or in a frontline management position. Learners may have existing qualifications or technical skills in other areas, yet may require skills or recognition in supervisory functions. Typically, these people themselves report to a manager. Learners will develop skills to provide leadership and guidance to other workers and to take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of a team and its outcomes. The program delivers the knowledge and skills needed for a team leader or a management position, develop leadership and guidance skills of other workers and take responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of a team and its outcomes.
This course will focus on the following areas:
- How to lead others, building greater trust in your teams through support, problem-solving skills, innovation and development opportunities.
- An ability to synthesise, evaluate information and think critically at an advanced level.
Build communication strategies and develop an understanding of yourself and others whilst communicate effectively to build workplace relationships.
- The ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to a range of audiences
- Successfully deliver operational plans considering all stakeholders. By planning and acquiring resources, action adjustment and provide reports on performance.
This program is delivered in 5 Modules;
- Module 1: Communicate Effectively
- Module 2: Lead Team Effectiveness
- Module 3: Workplace Relationships
- Module 4: Innovation
- Module 5: Professional Development
Who is it for?
This course is for people working on or looking to take up a management position in any industry. Possible jobs may include;
- Leading Hand,
- Team Leader
There are no entry requirements for this course.
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to complete or up to 2 years if completed as part of a traineeship.
Enrol Now for Online Learning
Looking for more information?
Contact us here
Your Title Goes Here
* RPL price on application (pending number of units applying for RPL)
Please note fees are charged per annum and are GST exempt. Please see HERE for information on further fees that may be applicable.
To achieve BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership Management, the participant will need to complete 12 units of competency as below:
- 5 core units
- 7 elective units
BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
BSBCMM411 Make presentations
BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
** Units Of Competency electives may change from the above detail listed in this course based on different cohorts and customised programs for clients.
- Study anywhere, anytime
- User-friendly learning management system
- Course content and assessments are all online and available 24/7
- Accreditation ensures that our courses meet established industry needs
- Assessment are marked within 10 business days
- No classroom attendance, no travel expenses
- Trainer and administration support throughout
- Designated course coordinator with regular contact to help you keep motivated and on track
- Certificates are issued within 21 days of course completion
- No hidden fees
An email with instructions will be sent to you regarding invoice and eLearning details.
Please note: Log on details will only be released once initial payment is received (unless prior arrangements with your organisation).
It may take up to 2 – 3 business days for you to commence your program.
How are our courses delivered?
Workshops are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
These assessments vary depending on the unit within the qualification and can include the following:
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer
- Observation by a trainer
- Supervisor checklists
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
All materials are online and can be accessed via the ISM e-learning portal.
Our system works best with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find out more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.