Development for current & future leaders in financial services
This innovative program has been designed with a focus on the financial services to deliver targeted learning outcomes in the key aspects of:
- Change Management
- Innovation; and
- Digital Marketing
Our experienced facilitators will deliver a specifically designed program focusing on:
- Leadership in a digital age
- Leading through change
- Working with teams
- Working strategically
- Presentation skills
- Business operations
- Developing relationships and improving networking
- Leader as coach
The Excelerate Program will be delivered with BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
In addition gaining a qualification, Excelerate will also deliver additional tailored sessions and field trips, designed to introduce you to a range of specific skills required of future leaders in finance. This will include a field trip to an innovative retail environment, presentations by experienced industry executives, CEOs, and digital marketing specialists.
Who should attend?
The program is open to any person who is currently employed and has completed previous study before. We recommend attending this program if you or employees in your organisation are:
- Current or future leaders looking to expand their skills in a broader range of topics
- Those that currently hold a Cert IV or Diploma qualification and are looking to gain a higher qualification.
- Leaders new to financial services industry looking to fast track their knowledge of the sector.
- Practice managers, BDMs, business owners
- Minimum of a relevant Certificate IV qualification (or higher)
- Employer/Industry endorsed
- Existing worker
Get started with enrolment
Keen to get started? Here’s the process:
- Complete pre-enrolment questionnaire
- You will receive an email from ISM with link to official enrolment link
- Upon enrolment, you will receive a Welcome email from us, with all the details of the program
- The Advanced Dip of Leadership at ISM intentionally leverages the leadership talent from within the COBA and Mortgage Broker verticals which ensures that participants are provided with industry insights coupled with educational material which is strongly aligned to the trainees role. The program is delivered over the course of several months, affording students the ability to implement and apply their new skills on the job for maximum affect.Siobhan Hayden, industry expertGuest Presenter
- Gerard is a great speaker, and delivers up the content incredibly well. His passion for leadership education is very evident and he created a very engaging environment in the first couple of days, which I’m keen to see more of in the coming months.Tim MuirMarketing Officer, Police Bank
- The Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management program that I completed with ISM assisted me enormously in developing my Leadership capabilities. The program covered in detail all facets required for running a complex, ambiguous business with an emphasis on the Mortgage Industry, so it was completely relevant for my role. The key take outs that the program covered which continues to assist in my leadership journey include;
Rob RyanHead of NSW/ACT & QLD FAST
- Understanding discounted cash flows and the various models to that can be used to value a business. Also covered was understanding Net Present Value analysis, which I have applied many times when discussing compensation claims with lenders in my current role as leading an aggregation business. I have also used ISM’s valuation modelling with brokers looking to either sell or buy facets of their business.
- The program covered Leadership fundamentals and understanding my own style, strengths and weaknesses, has assisted me to build upon my own capabilities. I am still using this aspect of the course as I grow as an enterprise leader.
- The first part of the course focused on Leadership. It was a great insight into how to be a great leader and with that responsibility how to deal with different types of situations correctly. We used the colour matrix which I found very interesting to see what kind of personality I had and how that would reflect on my leadership skills. It was also very interesting to learn how much change is going to come with Gen Z and that we as the future leaders need to recognise this change and start to work towards making sure that we can offer everything that the future needs for our New Members. I found Gerard to be an amazing coach and look forward to learning further from him in the future.Sarah LockettCampbelltown Service Centre Supervisor- Police Bank
- Interactive. Engaging. Challenging. Fantastic! Got us thinking on our feet, Literally!Janelle TaylorTeachers Mutual Bank
- Thank you Antoine! What a luxury to have the opportunity to spend the day listening to and speaking with a professional with such practical and academic experience/background.Haley BellamySenior Mortgage Advisor