Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) would like to introduce our specifically designed program, purpose-built, for up and coming leaders in the Financial Services industry, titled Evolve.
This innovative program has been designed to deliver targeted learning outcomes in the key aspects of Leadership, Change Management, Innovation and Digital marketing.
The Evolve Program will be delivered with BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management – a highly sought after qualification. Participants will be awarded the qualification on completion of the program and once all appropriate assessments have been submitted and marked as competent by the assessor.
Evolve will be delivered in workshop sessions throughout the year plus provide quality peer networking opportunity with like-minded professionals throughout the program.
The program will consist of structured workshops, hosted by ISM at the idyllic learning and Innovation centre on Jones Bay Wharf at Pyrmont, Sydney.
In addition to a sought-after qualification, Evolve will also deliver additional tailored sessions and field trips, designed to introduce you to a range of specific skills required of future leaders in the financial services industry. This will include a field trip to an innovative business environment, presentations by experienced industry executives, leaders, and digital marketing specialists.
The next intake for 2019 will commence in August and continues throughout the year. Enrolments are now open.
Get started with enrolment
Keen to get started? Here’s the process:
- Complete pre-enrolment questionnaire
- You will receive an email from ISM with link to official enrolment link
- Upon enrolment, you will receive a Welcome email from us, with all the details of the program
Would you recommend this program?
Our experienced facilitators will deliver a specifically designed program focusing on:
- Leadership in a digital age
- Leading through change
- Working with teams
- Working strategically
- Presentation skills
- Business operations
- Developing relationships and improving networking
- Leader as a coach
Customer Experience – How to map the customer journey
The program is open to any employee of the Financial Services Industry. We recommend attending this program if you or employees in your organisation are:
- Practice managers
- Businesses that have more than one broker
- Up and coming leaders within aggregators or peak bodies
- Anyone wanting to further their leadership and business skills
Positions are limited, so please act quickly to secure your spot.
At the successful completion of ISM’s Excelerate program and the online training component you will be awarded BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- Minimum of a relevant Certificate IV qualification (or higher)
- Employer/Industry endorsed
- Existing worker
As a novice manager in the Mutual industry, I found the Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management to have been extremely timely and beneficial to my professional development.
It provided me with not only a qualification, but acted as a mentor to me as I navigated my new role and other facets of the business.
I was able to directly apply skills learned in each session immediately in the workplace, which not only assisted me personally but also my team and other departments.
Being able to collaborate with industry peers and learn face to face was one of the key drawcards for me, and I enjoyed the challenge of the coursework.
Each workshop presenter provided relevant content and insight into their own area of expertise, which was both engaging and inspiring.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to enhance their critical thinking skills and professional growth.Leah NygrynLending Manager, Endeavour Mutual Bank
- What a difference this program has made to my business. It came at the perfect time for my business. I now understand the direction I want my business to go in and I understand a lot more about myself as an individual. I would highly recommend this course to all mortgage brokers- especially those who run their own business.Nicole CannonPink Finance
- Thank you Antoine! What a luxury to have the opportunity to spend the day listening to and speaking with a professional with such practical and academic experience/background.Haley BellamySenior Mortgage Advisor
- The Advanced Dip of Leadership at ISM intentionally leverages the leadership talent from within the COBA and Mortgage Broker verticals which ensures that participants are provided with industry insights coupled with educational material which is strongly aligned to the trainees role. The program is delivered over the course of several months, affording students the ability to implement and apply their new skills on the job for maximum affect.Siobhan Hayden, industry expertGuest Presenter
- Joining the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management has been a life changing decision. I have found the course and most notably Gerard and all of the speakers to be inspiring and educational. They say you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time around and during the workshop weeks at ISM I feel this theory working its magic for those few days a quarter. I feel inspired & excited to have the framework and space to discuss ideas and learn from academics, successful business people and CEO’s as well as my peers. The skills I have developed through the course are already allowing me to create greater outcomes for my career, for my team and our clients.Haley Bellamy, Support and Broker Training coordinatorSmartmove
- The Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management program that I completed with ISM assisted me enormously in developing my Leadership capabilities. The program covered in detail all facets required for running a complex, ambiguous business with an emphasis on the Mortgage Industry, so it was completely relevant for my role. The key take outs that the program covered which continues to assist in my leadership journey include;
Rob RyanHead of NSW/ACT & QLD FAST
- Understanding discounted cash flows and the various models to that can be used to value a business. Also covered was understanding Net Present Value analysis, which I have applied many times when discussing compensation claims with lenders in my current role as leading an aggregation business. I have also used ISM’s valuation modelling with brokers looking to either sell or buy facets of their business.
- The program covered Leadership fundamentals and understanding my own style, strengths and weaknesses, has assisted me to build upon my own capabilities. I am still using this aspect of the course as I grow as an enterprise leader.
- Ideal venue and location. This has been a very "hands-on", interesting and effective course for my workplace and professional development. Course material and the workshops have introduced new ideas and different ways of thinking. Colin was excellent in presentation- charismatic and engaging. Clearly knew his stuff. Enjoyed all the different activities. ISM and Gerard in particular are extremely respectful and understanding of all our backgrounds and needs. He truly seems to care for all the students, understand us and our needs and assist with developing us. 5 Stars.Serena SullivanSouth West Slopes Credit Union