- This event has passed.
Complex and Commercial Lending
August 3, 2017 - August 4, 2017$795
Commercial lending and relying on a business rather than employment for serviceability together with more complex legal issues, requires a special skill set in order to properly credit assess new loans as well as ongoing credit management of existing loans. This specialist course, will provide the framework and a working knowledge of best practice commercial credit risk management and of the issues to be addressed including forms of business organisation, why businesses borrow, analysis of business strategy and management, analysis of business financial statements and common loan structures.
What you will get out of this course:
An understanding of how commercial lending is different from retail lending in terms of risks, skills required and costs to deliver
- An appreciation of the importance of serviceability
- The skills to be able to assess the credit risk on a commercial loan
- How to obtain the right information needed for assessing commercial credit risk
- The knowledge to be able to develop a more profitable, lower-risk commercial loan portfolio
- An understanding of how to correctly price commercial lending to take into account the true credit risk