FNS51820 DIPLOMA OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
Specialising in complex issues in commercial lending
Developed in consultation with the Commercial & Asset Finance Brokers Association of Australia (CAFBA) our Diploma of Financial Services, specialising in complex issues in commercial lending, has been created so you, as a broker, can now easily access the knowledge and tools that you need to start settling complex commercial loans.
Our Diploma of Financial Services was developed in close consultation with CAFBA, as a specific, customised program that offers a unique learning experience to provide you, as a broker, with a range of skills to strengthen and expand your broking services and products to your client base and meet the needs of your commercial clients.
You will not find this CAFBA specific content in any other Diploma on offer.
The completion of this course will meet the requirements of CAFBA membership
NOTE: This qualification has been designed to meet the needs of those people who need to comply with ASIC Regulatory Guide 206 Credit Licensing: Competence and training.
Enquire about our classroom learning options.
This qualification is aimed at developing important competencies that you will find valuable in your role as a broker looking to grow a business in the commercial and equipment finance sector, including;
- Learning a professional approach to providing credit assessment and assisting a client in applying and securing commercial and equipment finance.
- A sound understanding of the range of products and sources of finance that come under commercial and equipment finance.
- A sound understanding of credit acceptance principles and the application processes of financial institutions for commercial and equipment finance.
- Learning key principles including a careful sequence of collecting information, methodical steps in conducting the analysis and a detailed review of critical areas that need to be examined to ensure the finance application is approved.
- Gaining expertise in supporting the customer in selecting the appropriate type of financial product as well as ensuring the application to funding process is well managed and becomes a satisfying experience for your customer.
- Developing practical skills to identify commercial finance opportunities.
- Access to specifically developed, advanced physical tools and checklists to support business growth.
- Identifying situations that require complex ethical decision making and applying ethical frameworks and principles while working with commercial and equipment finance.
Who is it for?
This qualification the perfect match for a range of finance professionals who are looking to build and enhance their skills in commercial and asset finance.
- Established mortgage brokers that are looking to expand into the commercial and equipment finance sector
- Experienced mortgage brokers or financial specialists that are looking to refresh their skill set and update their knowledge to meet industry and policy changes.
- Lending and credit specialists currently working in the industry
- Business Development managers looking to strengthen their current knowledge and skills.
*It is recommended that learners that are undertaking this qualification have basic knowledge of commercial and asset finance, such as the ISM/CAFBA Certificate IV in Financial Services, prior to commencing this qualification. For more information you can contact us here.
Download our FREE course guide here
What you’ll learn
There are 10 units of competency in this Program that are incorporated into 6 modules (as below) , specifically designed to provide you with important competencies that will be valuable in your role as a commercial and equipment finance specialist.
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2- Structuring the Credit Application
- Module 3 – Assessing the Credit Application
- Module 4 – Premium Client Relationships
- Module 5 – Ethics in Financial Services
- Module 6 – Grow the Practice
Duration and Study Load
We understand that each learner has individual requirements and likes to study at their own pace. We would expect this course to take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to complete.
WHY STUDY WITH ISM?
CALLS FROM OUR TEAM TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK!
ONE TO ONE
All content online
Full online and phone support
Study anywhere, anytime on any device
Enrol now for $1395.00
Payment plans available.
Contact us for more information.
ADDITIONAL COURSE DETAILS
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How are our courses delivered?
At ISM, our courses are offered in online, virtual and workshop formats.
Online – Set your own pace with all course content and assessments online, available for you 7 days a week. While completing your online course you will be fully supported by our trainers.
Virtual – Learn with a mix of online and scheduled virtual meetings with your peers and our trainers. This learning style provides multiple interactive discussions, networking opportunities and motivates you throughout your learning.
Workshops – Learn in a face to face, classroom environment. Workshop classes are limited and based on demand. Contact us on 1300 200 705 if you are interested in completing this course in a workshop.
Units Of Competency
To achieve FNS51815 Diploma of Financial Services, the participant will need to complete 10 units of competency as below:
- 3 core unit
- 7 elective units
FNSINC411 – Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
Industry professional approaches to procedures, guidelines, policies, and standards, including ethical requirements.
FNSINC503 – Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision making
Identify situations requiring complex ethical decision-making in a variety of industries and organisational settings.
FNSRSK411 – Apply risk management strategies to own work
Develop the ability to interpret an organisation’s financial risk management strategies in terms of own work and use risk mitigation and elimination techniques and tools to manage risk.
FNSINC412 – Apply and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the financial products and services provided by an organisation, and how they may be applied to client needs
FNSSAM613 – Tailor financial products to meet client needs
Match financial products on offer to customer requirements based on an in-depth knowledge of the products and a comprehensive knowledge of customers’ characteristics and their financial requirements.
FNSCUS513 – Review business performance
Develop the ability to collect, organise, analyse, investigate and review data to improve the efficiency and quality of performance of a business
FNSORG508 – Analyse and comment on management reports
Identify and strategically analyse irregularities in management reports, and document recommendations to achievebusiness forecasts or expected outcomes
FNSINC504 – Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions
Develop the ability to apply ethical frameworks to decide on, carry out, and evaluate the effectiveness of a course of action in response to an ethical situation in their workplace.
FNSPRM613 – Grow financial practices
Develop and implement marketing, promotion, and growth plan for the financial practice.
FNSORG501 Develop and manage a budget
Develop the ability to collect and analyse information and apply sound accounting principles to the development and ongoing management of a budget for a small organisation or section of a large organisation.
Recognition of Prior Learning
All students are offered the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Recognition of Prior Learning is a form of assessment that acknowledges the skills and knowledge you already have. Such skills and knowledge may have been gained through: formal or informal training conducted by industry or education institutions; work experience; life experience.
The main principle underpinning RPL is that for competency-based training the focus should be on the outcomes of learning, rather than how, when or where the learning occurred. In order to grant RPL, the assessor must be confident that the candidate is currently competent against the endorsed industry or enterprise competency standards or outcomes specified in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) accredited courses.
As a form of assessment, RPL uses a process known as competency-based assessment. Please ensure you read and understand how this works and how to have your skills and knowledge recognised.
An RPL Policy and Procedures document and RPL Kit is available if you feel you already hold the skills and knowledge of a particular competency and would like to apply for RPL.
The Policy and Procedures explain what RPL is, the benefits, forms and rules of evidence, the process and how to apply for RPL.
Complete our RPL eligibility form here.
Assessments for this course will be provided on your learner portal, which is accessible via Desktop, tablet or mobile.
These assessments vary depending on the unit within the qualification and can include the following:
- Written tasks and/or case studies.
- Verbal assessment, by way of an interview with your trainer
- Observation by a trainer
- Supervisor checklists
To find out more information about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course however, it is strongly encouraged that learners have a minimum of the ISM/CAFBA Certificate IV in a Financial Services qualification or extensive experience in commercial and equipment finance.
If you would like additional information, please contact us here.
- Study anywhere, anytime
- User-friendly learning management system
- Course content and assessments are all online and available 24/7
- Accreditation ensures that our courses meet established industry needs
- Assessment are marked within 10 business days
- No classroom attendance, no travel expenses
- Trainer and administration support throughout
- Designated course coordinator with regular contact to help you keep motivated and on track
- Certificates are issued within 21 days of course completion
- No hidden fees
To enable completion of this qualification you will require an internet connection to access learning materials and assessments via ISM’s eLearning Portal.
All materials are online and can be accessed via the ISM e-learning portal.
Our system works best with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Some assessments may require you to record using a device (such as a smartphone) and submit via our eLearning portal.
To find out more about assessments and completion requirements, you can contact us here.
Thank you for choosing to study with ISM.
After you have completed enrolment into your qualification or course, your enrolment will be processed by our team within one (1) business day.
Once your enrolment and payment has been processed you will receive an email with additional details on your learning, including log in details and instructions on how to access your program within our eLearning platform.
If payment has not yet been made, you may also receive additional payment information and an invoice or be contacted by one of our team to make payment arrangements. Please note that log in details to your qualification or course will only be provided once your initial payment has been received, unless prior arrangements have been made between ISM and your organisation.