Welcome to Institute of Strategic Management
The Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers training in Financial Services and Business Services.
ISM is focused on becoming the preferred learning partner for individuals and business. It will achieve this by facilitating leading edge training and development programs and providing high quality nationally recognised training.
From our trainers to our resources, we are specialists in financial services and focus on helping you achieve tangible results for your business. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation.
Why choose ISM
The time and resources invested in training are significant and it is important that this investment achieves tangible business results. ISM is unique in specialising in financial services and tailoring training to your organisation. We will help you achieve the results you desire with your training investment.
Why Are We Unique?
ISM are specialists. We don’t just serve up vanilla training to go through the motions. We spend time with you to understand how training can help you achieve your business goals and tailor our training to you.
Our trainers and executives are experts in financial services.
We provide strategic planning, governance and leadership support to many organisations in the financial services industry. We understand your business and training needs.
But don’t just take it from us, listen to our customers, and then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your business, training needs and funding options.
We specialise in financial services. From our staff to our training resources, we specialise in your industry and will tailor training to you.
Talk to us about how training from ISM can help you achieve tangible business results.
Training for Financial Services
ISM specialises in training for the financial services industry. Our major clients include banks, credit unions, financial planning organisations, mortgage brokers and insurers.
High quality training for your staff is crucial to ensuring you have a sustainable competitive advantage and meet your compliance requirements. But too often training is vanilla and your staff feel like they are going through the motions doing a generic qualification for work they already do each day. Staff dislike it, completion is a struggle, and you get poor value for your investment.
ISM is different. We specialise in financial services. We tailor training to our clients. Our primary focus is ensuring your organisation and your staff get the results you are seeking from the training and that value is delivered to your organisation. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) so structure this around nationally recognised qualifications to ensure your staff also complete a recognised qualification.
To find out how tailored training could benefit your organisation and why so many organisations in the financial services industry choose ISM, contact us for a free consultation.
What our clients say about us
- The Advanced Dip of Leadership at ISM intentionally leverages the leadership talent from within the COBA and Mortgage Broker verticals which ensures that participants are provided with industry insights coupled with educational material which is strongly aligned to the trainees role. The program is delivered over the course of several months, affording students the ability to implement and apply their new skills on the job for maximum affect.Siobhan Hayden, industry expertGuest Presenter
- Ideal venue and location. This has been a very "hands-on", interesting and effective course for my workplace and professional development. Course material and the workshops have introduced new ideas and different ways of thinking. Colin was excellent in presentation- charismatic and engaging. Clearly knew his stuff. Enjoyed all the different activities. ISM and Gerard in particular are extremely respectful and understanding of all our backgrounds and needs. He truly seems to care for all the students, understand us and our needs and assist with developing us. 5 Stars.Serena SullivanSouth West Slopes Credit Union
- The first part of the course focused on Leadership. It was a great insight into how to be a great leader and with that responsibility how to deal with different types of situations correctly. We used the colour matrix which I found very interesting to see what kind of personality I had and how that would reflect on my leadership skills. It was also very interesting to learn how much change is going to come with Gen Z and that we as the future leaders need to recognise this change and start to work towards making sure that we can offer everything that the future needs for our New Members. I found Gerard to be an amazing coach and look forward to learning further from him in the future.Sarah LockettCampbelltown Service Centre Supervisor- Police Bank
- Nicole CannonPink Finance
- This is an exciting development as there is no other course available in the market as comprehensive or focussed on the practical aspects of commercial finance.George KaramDirector at CAFBA
As a novice manager in the Mutual industry, I found the Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management to have been extremely timely and beneficial to my professional development.
It provided me with not only a qualification, but acted as a mentor to me as I navigated my new role and other facets of the business.
I was able to directly apply skills learned in each session immediately in the workplace, which not only assisted me personally but also my team and other departments.
Being able to collaborate with industry peers and learn face to face was one of the key drawcards for me, and I enjoyed the challenge of the coursework.
Each workshop presenter provided relevant content and insight into their own area of expertise, which was both engaging and inspiring.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to enhance their critical thinking skills and professional growth.Leah NygrynLending Manager, Endeavour Mutual Bank
We are ISM
This is our dedicated team who work day-in and day-out together to
bring our clients the financial services training they require.
MBA, Masters of Art, Ad Cert Mgt, Grad Dip Ed, DipFMB, CIVTAE Gerard has...View profile
BA Crim&Social Analysis, ADM, CIVTAE Monique has over 10 years experience in working in the...View profile
Director of Governance & Strategy, ISM Advisory Board Member
Patrick McClure is our Governance and Strategy Consultant at the Institute of Strategic Management. Patrick…View profile
Jenny is a principal in a consultancy firm, which advises organisations across a range of...View profile
Mel started at ISM in April 2012 in a role covering all aspects of administration,...View profile
Client Relation/Executive Assistant
Madelin has over eight years experience in the customer service industry and has worked at ISM...View profile
Blake started with ISM in May 2017 and has hit the ground running in developing new...View profile
Administration and Events
Alannah has been with ISM for over a year now and started her administration career...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
With over 10 years experience in the Finance industry, Maria has worked as a very...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
Jeffrey has over 29 years experience within the financial service industry; the majority as a...View profile