Welcome to Institute of Strategic Management
The Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers training in Financial Services and Business Services.
ISM is focused on becoming the preferred learning partner for individuals and business. It will achieve this by facilitating leading edge training and development programs and providing high quality nationally recognised training.
From our trainers to our resources, we are specialists in financial services and focus on helping you achieve tangible results for your business. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation.
Why choose ISM
The time and resources invested in training are significant and it is important that this investment achieves tangible business results. ISM is unique in specialising in financial services and tailoring training to your organisation. We will help you achieve the results you desire with your training investment.
Why Are We Unique?
ISM are specialists. We don’t just serve up vanilla training to go through the motions. We spend time with you to understand how training can help you achieve your business goals and tailor our training to you.
Our trainers and executives are experts in financial services.
We provide strategic planning, governance and leadership support to many organisations in the financial services industry. We understand your business and training needs.
But don’t just take it from us, listen to our customers, and then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your business, training needs and funding options.
We specialise in financial services. From our staff to our training resources, we specialise in your industry and will tailor training to you.
Talk to us about how training from ISM can help you achieve tangible business results.
Training for Financial Services
ISM specialises in training for the financial services industry. Our major clients include banks, credit unions, financial planning organisations, mortgage brokers and insurers.
High quality training for your staff is crucial to ensuring you have a sustainable competitive advantage and meet your compliance requirements. But too often training is vanilla and your staff feel like they are going through the motions doing a generic qualification for work they already do each day. Staff dislike it, completion is a struggle, and you get poor value for your investment.
ISM is different. We specialise in financial services. We tailor training to our clients. Our primary focus is ensuring your organisation and your staff get the results you are seeking from the training and that value is delivered to your organisation. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) so structure this around nationally recognised qualifications to ensure your staff also complete a recognised qualification.
To find out how tailored training could benefit your organisation and why so many organisations in the financial services industry choose ISM, contact us for a free consultation.
What our clients say about us
- Hi Gerard, I just thought I’d send you an email on SWCredit’s recent success at this years QBE Member Care Awards held in Sydney this November. South West Credit was nominated for two awards, Domestic Financial Institution of the Year & Outstanding Improvement by an Individual and I’m happy to tell you that we won both awards! (more…)Jessie McConnellLoans & Insurance Officer, South West Credit
- The Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management program that I completed with ISM assisted me enormously in developing my Leadership capabilities. The program covered in detail all facets required for running a complex, ambiguous business with an emphasis on the Mortgage Industry, so it was completely relevant for my role. The key take outs that the program covered which continues to assist in my leadership journey include;
Rob RyanHead of NSW/ACT & QLD FAST
- Understanding discounted cash flows and the various models to that can be used to value a business. Also covered was understanding Net Present Value analysis, which I have applied many times when discussing compensation claims with lenders in my current role as leading an aggregation business. I have also used ISM’s valuation modelling with brokers looking to either sell or buy facets of their business.
- The program covered Leadership fundamentals and understanding my own style, strengths and weaknesses, has assisted me to build upon my own capabilities. I am still using this aspect of the course as I grow as an enterprise leader.
- "With Police Bank being a Mutual Bank, one of the benefits of using a company like ISM, is that the staff are exposed to how other financial institutions operate, and how the staff need to understand we are competing against the Big 4 and Brokers and not other Mutual Banks. This insight made a huge impact to the team, and made them re-evaluate how they operate.......In every Product suite we found an increase in both "number of products" and "value of these products."Mark HudsonGeneral Manager Operations, Police Bank
- I also wanted to let you know that Jeff Bunton provided our staff with three exceptional days of training last week.We have had nothing but praise and positive feedback from our staff about Jeff and the course content.We would welcome Jeff back to deliver further training to our team when the opportunity arises.Jenny ThormanMember Services Manager Coastline Credit Union
- “Undertaking the Member Experience and Elevate Coaching Programs has provided staff with confidence, energy and a renewed focus on understanding and meeting member needs. The result has been a 47% uplift from the previous year across our key lending products within six months of commencing the training. During this period we achieved a 220% ROI, highlighting the value that the Program is contributing to SCU and its ability to deliver a memorable experience to members”.Angela HanlyExecutive Manager Financial Services, SCU
- Gerard is a great speaker, and delivers up the content incredibly well. His passion for leadership education is very evident and he created a very engaging environment in the first couple of days, which I’m keen to see more of in the coming months.Tim MuirMarketing Officer, Police Bank
We are ISM
This is our dedicated team who work day-in and day-out together to
bring our clients the financial services training they require.
MBA, Masters of Art, Ad Cert Mgt, Grad Dip Ed, DipFMB, CIVTAE Gerard has...View profile
BA Crim&Social Analysis, ADM, CIVTAE Monique has over 10 years experience in working in the...View profile
Director of Governance & Strategy, ISM Advisory Board Member
Patrick McClure is our Governance and Strategy Consultant at the Institute of Strategic Management. Patrick…View profile
Jenny is a principal in a consultancy firm, which advises organisations across a range of...View profile
Mel started at ISM in April 2012 in a role covering all aspects of administration,...View profile
Client Relation/Executive Assistant
Madelin has over eight years experience in the customer service industry and has worked at ISM...View profile
Blake started with ISM in May 2017 and has hit the ground running in developing new...View profile
Events and eLearning
Kayley has worked with ISM for two years now and has built a great portfolio...View profile
Administration and Events
Alannah has been with ISM for over a year now and started her administration career...View profile
Learning & Development Consultant
Dip Fin Serv, Ass. Dip. Bus. Mgt.,FAICD Dip, FAMI, AIMM Ken has more than 30...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
With over 10 years experience in the Finance industry, Maria has worked as a very...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
Jeffrey has over 29 years experience within the financial service industry; the majority as a...View profile