Welcome to Institute of Strategic Management
The Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers training in Financial Services and Business Services.
ISM is focused on becoming the preferred learning partner for individuals and business. It will achieve this by facilitating leading edge training and development programs and providing high quality nationally recognised training.
From our trainers to our resources, we are specialists in financial services and focus on helping you achieve tangible results for your business. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation.
Why choose ISM
The time and resources invested in training are significant and it is important that this investment achieves tangible business results. ISM is unique in specialising in financial services and tailoring training to your organisation. We will help you achieve the results you desire with your training investment.
Why Are We Unique?
ISM are specialists. We don’t just serve up vanilla training to go through the motions. We spend time with you to understand how training can help you achieve your business goals and tailor our training to you.
Our trainers and executives are experts in financial services.
We provide strategic planning, governance and leadership support to many organisations in the financial services industry. We understand your business and training needs.
But don’t just take it from us, listen to our customers, and then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your business, training needs and funding options.
We specialise in financial services. From our staff to our training resources, we specialise in your industry and will tailor training to you.
Talk to us about how training from ISM can help you achieve tangible business results.
Training for Financial Services
ISM specialises in training for the financial services industry. Our major clients include banks, credit unions, financial planning organisations, mortgage brokers and insurers.
High quality training for your staff is crucial to ensuring you have a sustainable competitive advantage and meet your compliance requirements. But too often training is vanilla and your staff feel like they are going through the motions doing a generic qualification for work they already do each day. Staff dislike it, completion is a struggle, and you get poor value for your investment.
ISM is different. We specialise in financial services. We tailor training to our clients. Our primary focus is ensuring your organisation and your staff get the results you are seeking from the training and that value is delivered to your organisation. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) so structure this around nationally recognised qualifications to ensure your staff also complete a recognised qualification.
To find out how tailored training could benefit your organisation and why so many organisations in the financial services industry choose ISM, contact us for a free consultation.
What our clients say about us
- “Over the past 7 years, Governance 360 has provided Gateway with a robust and trusted process for evaluating the performance of our Board and its directors. The feedback and analysis provided is thorough and constructive and ithas been the foundation for improving the quality of our deliberations.”Catherine HallinanChairperson, Gateway Credit Union
- “Undertaking the Member Experience and Elevate Coaching Programs has provided staff with confidence, energy and a renewed focus on understanding and meeting member needs. The result has been a 47% uplift from the previous year across our key lending products within six months of commencing the training. During this period we achieved a 220% ROI, highlighting the value that the Program is contributing to SCU and its ability to deliver a memorable experience to members”.Angela HanlyExecutive Manager Financial Services, SCU
- “The questionnaire was extensive and the processes in Governance 360 were ideal for critical analysis of board performance. The results have been of great value in further developing our capabilities, individually and as a board. I am very happy to recommend the assessment program to any board looking to improve its overall performance.”Daryl ChipperfieldChairman, Sutherland Credit Union
- "With Police Bank being a Mutual Bank, one of the benefits of using a company like ISM, is that the staff are exposed to how other financial institutions operate, and how the staff need to understand we are competing against the Big 4 and Brokers and not other Mutual Banks. This insight made a huge impact to the team, and made them re-evaluate how they operate.......In every Product suite we found an increase in both "number of products" and "value of these products."Mark HudsonGeneral Manager Operations, Police Bank
- During 2013 Police Bank embarked on a program of training all of their Sale Staff to Certificate IV level. We used the services of ISM to deliver this training, which has produced a tangible improvement in results for the Bank. With Police Bank being a Mutual Bank, one of the benefits of using a company like ISM, is that the staff are exposed to how other financial institutions operate, and how the staff need to understand we are competing against the Big 4 and Brokers and not other Mutual Banks. This insight made a huge impact to the team, and made them re-evaluate how they operate. To measure the success of the course, we reviewed our sales activity by volume and number of loans for the previous 6 month, for the same period of time. (more…)Mark HudsonGeneral Manager - Operations, Police Bank
- The first part of the course focused on Leadership. It was a great insight into how to be a great leader and with that responsibility how to deal with different types of situations correctly. We used the colour matrix which I found very interesting to see what kind of personality I had and how that would reflect on my leadership skills. It was also very interesting to learn how much change is going to come with Gen Z and that we as the future leaders need to recognise this change and start to work towards making sure that we can offer everything that the future needs for our New Members. I found Gerard to be an amazing coach and look forward to learning further from him in the future.Sarah LockettCampbelltown Service Centre Supervisor- Police Bank
We are ISM
This is our dedicated team who work day-in and day-out together to
bring our clients the financial services training they require.
MBA, Masters of Art, Ad Cert Mgt, Grad Dip Ed, DipFMB, CIVTAE Gerard has...View profile
BA Crim&Social Analysis, ADM, CIVTAE Monique has over 10 years experience in working in the...View profile
Director of Governance & Strategy, ISM Advisory Board Member
Patrick McClure is our Governance and Strategy Consultant at the Institute of Strategic Management. Patrick…View profile
Jenny is a principal in a consultancy firm, which advises organisations across a range of...View profile
Mel started at ISM in April 2012 in a role covering all aspects of administration,...View profile
Client Relation/Executive Assistant
Madelin has over eight years experience in the customer service industry and has worked at ISM...View profile
Blake started with ISM in May 2017 and has hit the ground running in developing new...View profile
Events and eLearning
Kayley has worked with ISM for two years now and has built a great portfolio...View profile
Administration and Events
Alannah has been with ISM for over a year now and started her administration career...View profile
Learning & Development Consultant
Dip Fin Serv, Ass. Dip. Bus. Mgt.,FAICD Dip, FAMI, AIMM Ken has more than 30...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
With over 10 years experience in the Finance industry, Maria has worked as a very...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
Jeffrey has over 29 years experience within the financial service industry; the majority as a...View profile