Welcome to Institute of Strategic Management
The Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers training in Financial Services and Business Services.
ISM is focused on becoming the preferred learning partner for individuals and business. It will achieve this by facilitating leading edge training and development programs and providing high quality nationally recognised training.
From our trainers to our resources, we are specialists in financial services and focus on helping you achieve tangible results for your business. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation.
Why choose ISM
The time and resources invested in training are significant and it is important that this investment achieves tangible business results. ISM is unique in specialising in financial services and tailoring training to your organisation. We will help you achieve the results you desire with your training investment.
Why Are We Unique?
ISM are specialists. We don’t just serve up vanilla training to go through the motions. We spend time with you to understand how training can help you achieve your business goals and tailor our training to you.
Our trainers and executives are experts in financial services.
We provide strategic planning, governance and leadership support to many organisations in the financial services industry. We understand your business and training needs.
But don’t just take it from us, listen to our customers, and then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your business, training needs and funding options.
We specialise in financial services. From our staff to our training resources, we specialise in your industry and will tailor training to you.
Talk to us about how training from ISM can help you achieve tangible business results.
Training for Financial Services
ISM specialises in training for the financial services industry. Our major clients include banks, credit unions, financial planning organisations, mortgage brokers and insurers.
High quality training for your staff is crucial to ensuring you have a sustainable competitive advantage and meet your compliance requirements. But too often training is vanilla and your staff feel like they are going through the motions doing a generic qualification for work they already do each day. Staff dislike it, completion is a struggle, and you get poor value for your investment.
ISM is different. We specialise in financial services. We tailor training to our clients. Our primary focus is ensuring your organisation and your staff get the results you are seeking from the training and that value is delivered to your organisation. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) so structure this around nationally recognised qualifications to ensure your staff also complete a recognised qualification.
To find out how tailored training could benefit your organisation and why so many organisations in the financial services industry choose ISM, contact us for a free consultation.
What our clients say about us
- What a difference this program has made to my business. It came at the perfect time for my business. I now understand the direction I want my business to go in and I understand a lot more about myself as an individual. I would highly recommend this course to all mortgage brokers- especially those who run their own business.Nicole CannonPink Finance
This qualification is the only one of it's kind in Australia. As such, you will stand out from your peers with this certification.Gerard Hermensfinance & business education expert, Managing Director ISM (course designer)
- “Undertaking the Member Experience and Elevate Coaching Programs has provided staff with confidence, energy and a renewed focus on understanding and meeting member needs. The result has been a 47% uplift from the previous year across our key lending products within six months of commencing the training. During this period we achieved a 220% ROI, highlighting the value that the Program is contributing to SCU and its ability to deliver a memorable experience to members”.Angela HanlyExecutive Manager Financial Services, SCU
- Nicole CannonPink Finance
- The Advance Diploma of Leadership and Management program that I completed with ISM assisted me enormously in developing my Leadership capabilities. The program covered in detail all facets required for running a complex, ambiguous business with an emphasis on the Mortgage Industry, so it was completely relevant for my role. The key take outs that the program covered which continues to assist in my leadership journey include;
Rob RyanHead of NSW/ACT & QLD FAST
- Understanding discounted cash flows and the various models to that can be used to value a business. Also covered was understanding Net Present Value analysis, which I have applied many times when discussing compensation claims with lenders in my current role as leading an aggregation business. I have also used ISM’s valuation modelling with brokers looking to either sell or buy facets of their business.
- The program covered Leadership fundamentals and understanding my own style, strengths and weaknesses, has assisted me to build upon my own capabilities. I am still using this aspect of the course as I grow as an enterprise leader.
Commercial brokers are increasingly becoming the major distribution channel for lenders in the commercial finance space, and as we continue to professionalise the industry, it is also increasingly important to raise the education standards for both bankers and brokers alike, and CAFBA is leading the way with this.David GillCEO CAFBA
We are ISM
This is our dedicated team who work day-in and day-out together to
bring our clients the financial services training they require.
MBA, Masters of Art, Ad Cert Mgt, Grad Dip Ed, DipFMB, CIVTAE Gerard has...View profile
BA Crim&Social Analysis, ADM, CIVTAE Monique has over 10 years experience in working in the...View profile
With more than fifteen years’ experience in the financial services industry, Haley has a passion...View profile
Director of Governance & Strategy, ISM Advisory Board Member
Patrick McClure is our Governance and Strategy Consultant at the Institute of Strategic Management. Patrick…View profile
Jenny is a principal in a consultancy firm, which advises organisations across a range of...View profile
Mel started at ISM in April 2012 in a role covering all aspects of administration,...View profile
Client Relation/Executive Assistant
Madelin has over eight years experience in the customer service industry and has worked at ISM...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
Jeffrey has over 29 years experience within the financial service industry; the majority as a...View profile
Nicola has 25+ years of experience working in Financial Services managing and leading teams of...View profile