Welcome to Institute of Strategic Management
The Institute of Strategic Management (ISM) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that delivers training in Financial Services and Business Services.
ISM is focused on becoming the preferred learning partner for individuals and business. It will achieve this by facilitating leading edge training and development programs and providing high quality nationally recognised training.
From our trainers to our resources, we are specialists in financial services and focus on helping you achieve tangible results for your business. Contact us for more information and a free initial consultation.
Why choose ISM
The time and resources invested in training are significant and it is important that this investment achieves tangible business results. ISM is unique in specialising in financial services and tailoring training to your organisation. We will help you achieve the results you desire with your training investment.
Why Are We Unique?
ISM are specialists. We don’t just serve up vanilla training to go through the motions. We spend time with you to understand how training can help you achieve your business goals and tailor our training to you.
Our trainers and executives are experts in financial services.
We provide strategic planning, governance and leadership support to many organisations in the financial services industry. We understand your business and training needs.
But don’t just take it from us, listen to our customers, and then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your business, training needs and funding options.
We specialise in financial services. From our staff to our training resources, we specialise in your industry and will tailor training to you.
Talk to us about how training from ISM can help you achieve tangible business results.
Training for Financial Services
ISM specialises in training for the financial services industry. Our major clients include banks, credit unions, financial planning organisations, mortgage brokers and insurers.
High quality training for your staff is crucial to ensuring you have a sustainable competitive advantage and meet your compliance requirements. But too often training is vanilla and your staff feel like they are going through the motions doing a generic qualification for work they already do each day. Staff dislike it, completion is a struggle, and you get poor value for your investment.
ISM is different. We specialise in financial services. We tailor training to our clients. Our primary focus is ensuring your organisation and your staff get the results you are seeking from the training and that value is delivered to your organisation. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) so structure this around nationally recognised qualifications to ensure your staff also complete a recognised qualification.
To find out how tailored training could benefit your organisation and why so many organisations in the financial services industry choose ISM, contact us for a free consultation.
What our clients say about us
- Interactive. Engaging. Challenging. Fantastic! Got us thinking on our feet, Literally!Janelle TaylorTeachers Mutual Bank
- Hi Gerard, I just thought I’d send you an email on SWCredit’s recent success at this years QBE Member Care Awards held in Sydney this November. South West Credit was nominated for two awards, Domestic Financial Institution of the Year & Outstanding Improvement by an Individual and I’m happy to tell you that we won both awards! It was an outstanding effort by the branch with General Insurance last year which lead us to win the overall General Insurance Award by increasing our Gross Written Premium by 20%. Who would have thought 2 years ago that South West Credit could win against bigger credit unions like MECU and WAW. I won the Outstanding Improvement by an Individual Award by writing 228 of the 405 policies sold last year. Yay! I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve taught me, you have helped me significantly with my General Insurance. You taught me how to speak to the customer about the value of our products and to work out what is most important to them. You’ve helped me recognise the different ways people make decisions about buying things and talk to them in a way so that the customer gets what they want. You’ve also helped me increase my quality of product, I used to only sell Basic Home and Contents Cover as it was the cheapest but now I have a 50% strike rate with our Prestige Cover because I focus on the importance of being covered correctly and once the customer realises the type of protection they’re going to receive the price isn’t as important. I really do hope everything is going well for you and I appreciate the effort you have put in to SWCredit and me. Thank youJessie McConnellLoans & Insurance Officer, South West Credit
After training over 2,000 brokers we know what drives their success. You don’t need to be a broker, but you can learn from them… A proactive approach focused on building and strengthening relationships drives results. Our Member Experience Program gives you practical skills and strategies for success. Elevate, embeds those skills into your culture to drive long-term growth…Gerard HermensISM Owner and Pricipal
- I also wanted to let you know that Jeff Bunton provided our staff with three exceptional days of training last week.We have had nothing but praise and positive feedback from our staff about Jeff and the course content.We would welcome Jeff back to deliver further training to our team when the opportunity arises.Jenny ThormanMember Services Manager Coastline Credit Union
- Gerard is a great speaker, and delivers up the content incredibly well. His passion for leadership education is very evident and he created a very engaging environment in the first couple of days, which I’m keen to see more of in the coming months.Tim MuirMarketing Officer, Police Bank
- Ideal venue and location. This has been a very "hands-on", interesting and effective course for my workplace and professional development. Course material and the workshops have introduced new ideas and different ways of thinking. Colin was excellent in presentation- charismatic and engaging. Clearly knew his stuff. Enjoyed all the different activities. ISM and Gerard in particular are extremely respectful and understanding of all our backgrounds and needs. He truly seems to care for all the students, understand us and our needs and assist with developing us. 5 Stars.Serena SullivanSouth West Slopes Credit Union
We are ISM
This is our dedicated team who work day-in and day-out together to
bring our clients the financial services training they require.
MBA, Masters of Art, Ad Cert Mgt, Grad Dip Ed, DipFMB, CIVTAE Gerard has...View profile
BA Crim&Social Analysis, ADM, CIVTAE Monique has over 10 years experience in working in the...View profile
Director of Governance & Strategy, ISM Advisory Board Member
Patrick McClure is our Governance and Strategy Consultant at the Institute of Strategic Management. Patrick…View profile
Jenny is a principal in a consultancy firm, which advises organisations across a range of...View profile
Mel started at ISM in April 2012 in a role covering all aspects of administration,...View profile
Client Relation/Executive Assistant
Madelin has over eight years experience in the customer service industry and has worked at ISM...View profile
Blake started with ISM in May 2017 and has hit the ground running in developing new...View profile
Events and eLearning
Kayley has worked with ISM for two years now and has built a great portfolio...View profile
Administration and Events
Alannah has been with ISM for over a year now and started her administration career...View profile
Learning & Development Consultant
Dip Fin Serv, Ass. Dip. Bus. Mgt.,FAICD Dip, FAMI, AIMM Ken has more than 30...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
With over 10 years experience in the Finance industry, Maria has worked as a very...View profile
Trainer and Assessor
Jeffrey has over 29 years experience within the financial service industry; the majority as a...View profile