Complaints and Appeals Policy (v2.16)
ISM shall ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a constructive and timely manner upholding our Code of Practice and requirements of the National Regulator
Complaints and Appeals Procedures
- On receiving a complaint staff shall advise the complainant of the Complaints and Appeals Procedure.
- Client feedback form should be completed to identify the complainants’ grievance in an accurate manner.
- All complaints will be directed to the CEO for resolution and will be reported at the Management meeting.
- Appeals will be directed to the Academic Director and reported at the next Management meeting
- CEO or Academic Director will acknowledge receipt of the Complaint/Appeal to the complainant in writing within 7 days.
- CEO or Academic Director will review the nature of the grievance and identify the cause of the grievance and the appropriate cause of action.
- CEO or Academic Director shall complete the Client feedback form recording the proposed solution and advise the complainant of the proposed solution in writing.
- The advise to the complainant shall include information and procedures concerning the complainants right to appeal the proposed solution and request for an independent adjudicator.
- In the event of the complainant reporting that they are dissatisfied with the proposed solution the CEO or Academic Director shall advise the complainant that an independent adjudicator shall be sought to consider the nature of the complaint and a possible further resolution.
- The selection of an independent adjudicator shall be managed by the CEO or Academic Director and be by mutual agreement with the complainant.
- All independent adjudicator outcomes will be reported to the next scheduled Executive management meeting documented within the minutes and filed on ISM cloud for future reference.
- All independent adjudicator outcomes will be communicated to the complainant in a timely manner.